Monday, April 2, 2012

Tough Times

If you read the headlines on SFGate you will know my drama.  One person in the organization I work for (whom I've had issues with for a long time) has managed to get two top DC Officials fired, Administrator for the Agency's resignation and 4 regional commissioners (including himself) on Administrative Leave, i.e., it is a matter of time till they are gone too.

One person's actions have hurt many, impacted the election campaign and tainted a government agency that actually does something.  Oh yea, he's made my life miserable for the past 4 years because I wouldn't play along with his games.

I should feel satisfied that he got what was coming to him. However, I'm sad and disappointed that more people didn't stand up to his antics in the past years.  What's really sad is that this is not an isolated situation.

We let good people suffer because we are afraid to stand up to wrong doing.   So many of us who get what we need out of situations then stand back and let one person wreak havoc on others lives.

The Agency Administrator is a great manager who knew nothing of my bosses antics.  Moreover, what is in the paper is the tip of the iceberg.  He's hurt many people through the years because of his ego and paranoia.

This isn't the first time I've sat back and let one person ruin others lives.  Sadly, in both situations the person hurt most was my son.  

As for me I'm not going to be silent anymore.  When that "one" person shows up in my life again, I'll be the one person who stands up for what is right.

One the day of judgement I don't think God cares about the school, job, car, etc that causes us to shut our  mouths and look the other way.  Moreover, I don't want to be accountable for the people I left in dust. 

3 comments:

  1. This official's behavior is characteristic of a narcissist. This disorder can also be described as a very unhealthy #3 - The Achiever - on the the enneagram list. http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/descript.asp
    Unfortunately those deemed "weak" and "useless" albeit classifications in their own sick heads are pummelled and rolled over in their wrath.
    Hopefully now that this person is out of the picture, this faction of government and peripheral family members can start the healing process.
    Thank you for sharing, Bonnie. Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the article in case you missed it in the Gate.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gsa-chief-resigns-amid-reports-of-excessive-spending/2012/04/02/gIQABLNNrS_story.html?tid=pm_pop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. I am referring to your direct boss' behavior as you have kept me abreast with his shenanigans throughout the years. My heart goes out to the woman at the top who chose to resign because this one person's selfish behaviors caused an embarrassing ripple effect through many tiers and departments.

      Delete