Today is my/our wedding anniversary. We just got home from a very lovely dinner at The Cliff House. Fantastic view... creatively presented dishes... delicious food...great service (I'm a yelper. Can you tell?) It was Priscille's idea to go there. We three had a very nice celebration together.
Rich and I have been married for 17 years and, let me tell you, we've been through a lot.
What does an anniversary mean? Especially a wedding anniversary.......hmmmm....
You are with one person for a period of time and you have made a commitment to work things through...no matter what. I think of my parents. They are still together after 50+ years. My dad takes such good care of my mom. My mom puts my dad first when it comes to....just about everything. Interesting, huh? That's soooo not me BUT I did learn the concept of commitment from them.
What works for us?
Rich lets me be me.
I let Rich be his own person.
We both agree that we have to live near the water.
We both love to travel. We enjoy long road trips. Love exploring!
We both are not into really really hot and humid climates. The 60's and 70's are perfect!
We both are not lime light people.
We focus on the development of Priscille as a healthy human being.
We agree to disagree on many things.
He likes rock and roll and The Grateful Dead.
I am into R & B and pop...and contemporary Hawaiian and ethnic music.
I sing and dance.
He hangs out at the bar.
He is an early bird.
I am a night owl.
We have a huge bed.
And there you go....ha ha!
Did you catch our wedding date?
*********
What about you? How many years do you have under your belts? What does your wedding anniversary mean to you? What works?
http://open.spotify.com/local/Bob+Dylan/Bob+Dylan%3a+The+Collection+-+Planet+Waves/Wedding+Song/282
ReplyDeleteJust listened to the song
DeleteJust read the lyrics
Powerful message
Very cool
Very touching, Gary!
Congratulations! I suspect that most couples aren't where you are at this stage in life. Keep it going strong!!!
ReplyDeleteinteresting. what about YOU?
ReplyDelete