Friday, December 23, 2011

#3 - What's Your Vision For Your Life?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?  20 years? Really...what do you see in your mind's eye?

Honestly, my picture is very blurry and that's not good.  It needs to be clear and focused. 
I know, however, that I want to travel the world.
I see water...tropical waters...and I also see mountain ranges.  I know that I have to get to Machu Picchu and South America before I die. What about Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo? (I love saying Zihuatanejo!) And all those not-as-touristy sunny tropical destinations?  I want to go to Isla Mujeres only because I like the English translation of the island's name - Island of Women. From my perspective, it connotes beauty, power and strength! My Spanish would prove useful in this region of the world. (I am investing in a Rosetta Stone program in 2012 for sure.)
I have to do an African safari. That Disney World feature - albeit fun - does not cut the dijon. And while I am in Africa, I want to visit Egypt.  I think I was there in a past life.
And nothing too cold but would I consider an Antartica trip?
New Zealand  - Ewan's land - sounds so exotic and the pictures on film are spectacular.  I was first introduced to this beautiful country in grammar school.  My sixth grade class took a trip to the Polynesian Cultural Center in Laie, Hawaii. Of the many different exhibits, New Zealand and the Maori culture touched my soul the deepest. To this day, I have no idea why. I believe a visit to New Zealand is on the list.
Pat loves Thailand. His eyes light up and he beams from ear to ear when he describes this very exotic and intriguing culture. He says that we would love it too. I think this definitely needs to be explored.
Bonnie wants to travel the world!  I want to travel with her! We need to visit Germany since she lived there for some time. We can stop in to see our friend Christine if and when she decides to move back to Germany.
Gary...our Wisconsin boy is wanting to tap into this chi too.

There is soooooo much more beyond San Francisco!  We have dormant yet meaningful dreams and goals to nurture.
What are we going to do when our immediate responsibilities are fulfilled?
What is your vision for your life? How clear and focused ...or how blurry... is your picture?

2 comments:

  1. My picture is a swirling nebulous haze of infinite possibilities. Paths and mazes leading every direction in an all encompassing labyrinth of meaninglessness. A missionary for Freedom in a land of predetermined expectations.
    I am a rock, a fortress, an inner consciousness, riding peacefully along, absorbing every passing stimuli; content to be anywhere, happy to be nowhere.
    WTF does it mean? Zilch.
    Have a beer, smoke a joint, pass a bottle with as many as you can; but never drink the kool-aid if they offer it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @omronian...what the...??? Just kidding...LOVE IT! :-)

    ReplyDelete