"Christmas is the season of renewal."
I am trying to understand the relevance of this statement as it relates to my journey.
Well...for starters, this season absolutely renews my spiritual beliefs. I believe in the purpose of Jesus Christ's birth and His life on this earth. My faith in a higher power is definitely renewed!
I am reminded of the love in my family... a renewed sensation each year at this time. Keep in mind that the definition of "family" is relative. There's my husband's San Francisco family and there's my Hawaii family. I miss my Hawaii family a lot. I miss the fun family parties... the laughing, the singing, the hula dancing, the food, the pidgin English, the relaxed "just hanging out" feel at these parties and the overall unconditional love - the aloha. I miss the feeling of excitement and the anticipation of seeing my cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents all in one place...all carefree....all just hanging out together.
What else is there to renew?
I really need to stop the craziness in my world to take an honest and meaningful look at my own life.
Who am I? What have I done in this lifetime to determine who I am today?? What lessons, habits, values, relationships, personal possessions and household items do I need to keep? Renew? Discard? And where do I want to go from here?
Got a new book for Christmas. It was required reading in college in my freshman Religion 151 class - "Religion and the Meaning of Existence". I think it'll enlighten me on this leg of my journey. The book? Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
A friend recently loaned me her book The Secret. That may help me with visualizing my meaning of existence.
But let's be real....first I need to finish reading what I'm currently reading - The Christmas Train by David Baldacci. Light but meaningful. I just need to renew my focus on finishing this book this week.
What about you? Tell us about your Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment