Round is a shape. Ha ha!
Seriously...
Yesterday I saw a special on TV about Peru and Machu Picchu. Damn! The terrain and altitude will kill me if I don't start exercising now! I can barely go a few feet without huffing and puffing. Yes, I am going to be honest here. I might as well lay it on the table. I have to lose weight and get fit!
Getting in shape means exercising the mind, the body and the soul. Writing this blog has been the start of my brain's exercise routine. I try to do it every day or at least five times a week. Hearing and acknowledging Pat's statement "I am done", as it related to his journey through San Francisco, triggered and released my soul from bondage to this City too. That kickstarted my search for a renewed meaning of existence. Exercising my soul has meant tapping back into and revisiting the love of my true friends. I called one of my old college roommates, Mary, yesterday. Although our conversation was brief, it was great to hear her voice and her level-headed, logical and very make-sensability approach to life. Next I need to call our other college roommate Robin who was a true partner-in-crime. And well...exercising my body? I gotta work on that one!
Bonnie has started back at the gym! Good for her! She's looking good! She's even added walking Milagra Ridge to her routine.
Cape wearing Ana walks every day.....along the Great Highway, up and down picturesque Lake Street and Sweeney Ridge. She has lost a lot of weight! It suits her tatts well.
Gary, Ewan and Pat ride their bikes! Good for them! I used to ride my bike through the streets of Honolulu, Waikiki and up and down Diamond Head. And then I moved to San Francisco and it was just too cold and dreary to enjoy riding again. Keep up the riding, guys!!! Good on you!!!
I think I'd better work on my mind .....it needs to tell my body to move more! Dancing around the house is a start, right?
Dancing Mind/Thinking Body, or something (stop, reverse that)is a book worth sampling. Basically, get out of your own way - your body and mind know what to do. It's a Tao thing, so it's a "be in the moment - totally" thing...
ReplyDeleteFrom one who was in the best shape of his life 3 years ago, to being in the worst: it sucks being in the worst, and it was a "high" being in the best...
I should have summed that up more succinctly (wtf, no spell check).
Being the worst is sucky!! My best was in college...lifted weights with guys from the football and baseball teams, trained with a line backer, rode my bike everyday, ate 3 reasonable meals with 2 snacks, studied and did my homework every day and/or night, and then partied on Fridays and Saturdays! Totally in my prime then....gotta get back to something reasonably close to that! I am so ready for the next wind!
ReplyDelete@omronian: what happened? before, during and after?
ReplyDelete