What's in your back yard?
From the outside, things may appear to be neat and tidy...all beautiful, organized and well manicured. I remember admiring a beautiful Beverly Hills home only to learn later that the back yard and the inside of the house were jam packed with "stuff". A hoarder lived there and no one would have guessed it.
What's in your back yard? And I don't mean "your back yard" in the literal sense. I mean it figuratively. What is cluttering up your mind, your heart, your soul? What's holding you back? Only you would know. We all have "stuff". The issues are of varying degrees of intensity for everyone...finances, work, marriage, relationships, family, health, school, car...and the list goes on.
My clutter immobilizes me. That smoldering pit in my stomach churns and burns. I get overwhelmed and then I shut down. I avoid dealing with it by eating more, taking naps, watching TV, going out and partying with friends. You name it and I'll do it just to avoid dealing with my back yard.
A mentor once told me "You can't move forward and and succeed until you clean out your back yard."
I hear my mother's simple pearls of wisdom "If it's yours, then you need to take care of it" and "Do one thing at a time. It'll get done."
Well...I guess I'd better get going and get cleaning. I've got rooms to clean let alone the back yard. Blogging could be on my list of avoidance tactics. :-)
Kick everyone out of the house - crank some tunes, pakalolo, and do 50 things at once.
ReplyDeleteWhat does "clutter" really equal. clutter minus clutter leaves what? c-c/X X=Rey - no matter what you get infinity or impossible depending on your perspective.
omronian's going all mathematical! Must not have been medicinal!
ReplyDelete