Strong drinks, great beer, authentic Mexican food with a hint of the Caribbean...a perfect Mexican ambiance greeted Bonnie and me at Estradas in Daly City. Bonnie was impressed as it reminded her of the many Mexican and US border towns she had visited for her Federal government job! Bonnie, do share those experiences with us one day!
And then we left Mexico and headed to Asia! We found a place to get cheap and really really good massages - 30 minutes feet and 30 minutes back massages for only $40. The setting was tranquil amidst the hustle and bustle of the shoppers. Our masseur and masseuse were from China and they spoke very very little English. Kinda felt like we were in Asia. We were actually at Serramonte Mall.
And then it was back to our little Mexican resort bar for karaoke. I got to practice my Spanish with this guy who was interested in Bonnie until she busted out with her German. (And she is Czech! Good move, Bonnie!)
We talked about traveling the world.
Bonnie's destination for her family's next trip is Cancun/Chichen Itza. Chichen Itza is a majestic Mayan city in the beautiful Yucatan region of Mexico and the location of one of the Seven Wonders of the World. The ancient Mayan pyramid "El Castilllo" is an archeological beauty to behold. (fyi...my Isla Mujeres is near Cancun too!!)
My family is going to Europe - Ireland (gotta visit with Rich's relatives on his mother's side), London (of course!), Paris (one of my dream destinations...and we need to visit Priscille's namesake - one of my best friends!), Rome (why not?) Rich wants to go next June before it gets too crazy with the 2012 Summer Olympics.
And we talked about death.
When Bonnie dies, she will have her ashes scattered off the shores of Pacifica and have a memorial bench placed at her favorite lookout point on Milagra Ridge. When I die, I will have my ashes scattered in the warm Pacific Ocean off the North Shore on Oahu, Hawaii. Priscille knows where to go to scatter flowers when she visits me.
What travel destinations are in your near future? And have you thought about your death?
Our conversation wasn't as morbid as it sounds. It started with where we go to find peace. For me it is at a lookout on Milagra Ridge that provides a panoramic view of the Pacific Coast. This is the place I want people to go to remember me rather than a plot of dirt in a cemetary that meant nothing to me while I was alive.
ReplyDeletePeace. Yes, where does one find peace?
ReplyDeleteThank you for a very fun and memorable evening, Bonnie! :-)
Carribean. Death always, not just mine, but everyone I know. A wierd way to fall asleep when the erotic and financial windfall fantasies play themselves dull...
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had a good time - I'm too boring, I would have been asleep by 7:30.
Oh, BTW - Mission Impossible on the IMax is cool.
omronian needs the medicinal stuff..and not the kool aid!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for the movie review!
I forgot about the ultimate place for peace and I don't mean death. When my heart and life are uneasy, I pray and turn everything over to God. I am always amazed at how quickly the uneasiness goes away.
ReplyDelete