Saturday, February 4, 2012

#40 - Passion

What excites you? What do you love to do so much that you just can't stop talking about it?

I know that I like seeing happy people doing happy and fun things. I think that's one of the reasons I keep my weekend job at the club.  I work at happy events and am surrounded by happy people there....both on my team as well as the party guests!

On the other professional front, I saw a job description that called to me on some level.  A company was looking for someone who was highly motivated, confident, had exceptional people skills, organized, a leader, and someone who genuinely cared about helping people. It also had some of the elements of my ideal work environment - positive, fast paced, team and customer service oriented. I would add "creative" and "fun" to the description, of course. No, I'm not looking for a new job but I like to look at what other work environments and job specs exist outside of my world. I also like to see what other companies are doing to ensure positive work environments for their employees. Being that I am in human resources, it is helpful to understand what the competition has to offer as well as to get ideas on improving the status quo.

On the personal front, I got excited when I saw a commercial for the upcoming 2012 Summer Olympics.  It flashed on a picture of The Great Wall of China (an attraction at the 2008 Summer Olympics). I turned to Rich and said that I was putting that on my list of places to visit. He asked, "Is that before or after Machu Picchu?" Love it! I am also looking forward to our family's upcoming European trip this summer. We'll be there right before the Olympics take place. My next door neighbors spent a month traveling around Europe in a VW van for their honeymoon (many many years ago).  How cute is that?! Talk about passion (on so many levels! ha ha!) And they recently brought over a whole bunch of albums and books for us to use in our planning and research for this family vacation. 

Honestly, though, I need to further define and explore my true passions. What excites me? What do I love to do so much that I just can't stop talking about it? If I had all the time and money in the world, (and that is possible, you know!), what would I do?  Hmmm...... and how would I go about fulfilling my passions?

I need some ideas.  What are your passions? If you had all the time and money in the world, (and that is possible, you know!), what would you do?  How would you go about fulfilling your passions?

1 comment:

  1. I realized that I LOVE to dance!!! I dance in my car; I dance in the kitchen; I dance at work when no one's looking - or with some of the fun guys and fun gals; I dance in my Wii room; I dance at the club with the guests sometimes...I LOVE to dance!

    ReplyDelete