Monday, February 20, 2012

#48 - Time Flies By When...

It has been several days since I last posted.
Life had me preoccupied...all good things.

Thursday was all about getting things done ... at my "regular" job; coming home at a decent hour - 6 pm - to prepare dinner;  cleaning/tidying the house while gathering and organizing stuff for our garage sale.

Friday was about finishing the week at my day job and then going to my weekend job at the club for a 180 person event - a crab feed - which was soooo frenetic.

Saturday was busy. It started with a garage sale at our house with Bonnie, Ana and my other friend Tia.  It was great for me because I was able to let go of some very sentimental items. Later that afternoon, we drove to San Jose with Erin, MJ and Ewan.  We toured the Winchester Mystery House and had dinner at Left Bank Brassiere - a very nice French restaurant in Santana Row - to celebrate Priscille's 15th birthday. Erin and Priscille explored Santana Row; Rich and Ewan found a bar with cool music and really good margaritas; and MJ and I got silly glasses to wear for the evening at Z Gallerie. It was great fun with very special friends!

Sunday was all about Priscille - it was her birthday! Erin spent the night so the girls hung out and opened gifts while Rich made us some homemade Belgian waffles.  Yummmm! Later Priscille got a mani-pedi and in the evening she and her friends went to dinner at Chevy's and then to Priscille and Erin's first "Glow"  -  an under 18 nightclub event. They got home at 11:30.  I think I did pretty well with letting go and placing trust in my daughter and the Universe.

Today is now about reassessing.  We have a holiday... an extra day to chill...no work....all relaxation.  I have actually scheduled a financial planning webinar for myself so I am looking forward to that.  But beyond that?  I get a day to relax....after I get Priscille and her friends - the ones who spent the night - situated with breakfast and all. And then it is a chill out dinner with Ana and Bonnie.

Tomorrow? I have taken an extra extra day off. Priscille has an orthodontic appointment in the middle of the day.  More importantly, though, I will be driving to Point Reyes in the early afternoon to meet with the lead investigator and the park ranger who found my former roommate and very dear friend Gary's car that he had abandoned before he committed suicide there back in July 2009. Note that I did not hear about this until a few months ago.  His brother, Richard, who lives in Hawaii, tried looking for me when it happened but was unsuccessful.  I eventually connected up with him in November 2011 when I found out.

Time flies when life ...and death...happen.

1 comment:

  1. Why can't we hold on to that starkness of the world, the appreciation of the minutiae, the firm grasp of time and space; why does it take death to clear our heads?

    ReplyDelete