Saturday, January 7, 2012

#16 - Facing Reality and Learning From Ewan

Yikes!
I looked at my reality yesterday and got a big "WAKE UP!" slap in the face! I woke up this morning and got another slap in the face and this time it said "YOU CAN DO IT!" The problem is that the rest of me is scared!!!!

I will admit that I am really scared...and lazy...to make any changes to my "comfortable" situation. Comfortable? Really???? It is more like I am comfortable being uncomfortable...and that's so sad....but that is my reality. I feel overwhelmed with what I need to do i.e. clean the kitchen, clean the den, lose weight, pursue intellectual challenges, go back to church (Cornerstone), save money, make more money, plan a birthday something for my husband, plan to move out of San Francisco in a few years but to where or find a job in which I can travel more and use San Francisco as a home base, maybe pursue a doctorate degree, etc.... there's more and those are a lot more visceral.  I am afraid to even acknowledge the visceral wake up calls!

Marketing and business consultant Peter Sheahan says that "action creates clarity". To move forward means that you must act in spite of ambiguity.

We need to take Ewan's lead on this.  He ambiguously yet courageously stepped out of the box; managed the consequences even when they were uncomfortable; and moved on with another badge for being true to his journey. I admire you, Ewan! I think MJ is embracing this for you.

Ever since I put it out to the universe that I am moving forward, everything  thrown my way has been scary and/or painful and/or delightful, exciting and fun.  Stretching myself is part of the learning process. I know... I may act all brave but I get really scared and ambiguous as the revelations and opportunities have started to present themselves to me.

I think I just need to hold on tight! Who knows what will unfold? Really...when you think about it...  this is all part of a bigger plan....and everything is supposed to happen this way!

So hang on, friends! For when you so choose, it can be a most spectacular ride of your life!! And it's a good one...I can feel it!! It's even better than Disneyland...and almost as good as sex! (And it may even get you some sex!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment