Monday, January 16, 2012

Reflections on Failure.

My writing ideas have been nill until I read Rae's latest post. I fully support the idea of not giving up.  However, I wonder if true "failure" is not learning lessons from our "setbacks" along the way to our goals.

I'm reminded of the road trip Rae, Ana and I took back to Nebraska, with a persnickety cat.  I wanted to get there!  Ana and Rae sought out adventures along the way.   We came upon discoveries I would have never encountered without them, like the amazing murals in a roadside gas station.  An employee used leftover restoration paint and created the entire Midwest skyline along the walls of the bathrooms.  The art work was amazing, and I learned that one can find greatness in the most unusual places.

if I live by my mantra "everything is meant to be" I have to look at those moments where I've "failed" and find the lesson that not only will get me to my goal, but help me keep it for the long-term.

I'm learning that getting to the goal is half the battle.  Staying in that zone for the long term is the real test.  On this journey I'll consider the stumbling blocks lessons for the long run, so by the time I get to my goal I'll have the stamina to stay there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment