A coworker said that I was "too nice" and that she didn't want anyone to "take advantage of my niceness." To that I said, "Why not? I want to be kind and I want to do the right thing." I told her that if someone stabs me in the back, then the right thing to do is to forgive them but to not forget what was done. (That would be stupid on my part.)
I totally believe that what goes around comes around and that niceness begets niceness. If I can touch one person and help them to to be kinder to another person, then I am doing the right thing. When my niceness is criticized or when someone wants to squash my positive energy, I carry on. I stand in my truth.
Life is too short to carry negative energy. There is so much to be thankful for.There are so many interesting people ... and more people for us to meet. People want to feel acknowledged and appreciated. The world is a much better place when people are uplifted and encouraged.
My truth is that I will treat others with kindness, honor and respect regardless of how they treat me. It is easy to be nice and sometimes a little more challenging with some people, but in the end, I will know that I remained true to my core.
No comments:
Post a Comment