Monday, January 23, 2012

#33 - "There They Go Again...Talking About The Same Old Stuff."

Gary and I went to a crab feed the other night. It was great catching up with friends at this fund raiser.

I was at the bar when Gary came up and said "There they go again...talking about the same old stuff."

I got it. I knew exactly what he meant!

Unfortunately I was unable to rescue him immediately from his group of comrades.  I was keeping the lonely bartender company...and talking to the other natives while they waited for their drinks.

I did, however, manage to help him soften the bite to his cocktail.  Lots of 7-up ... and a bigger cup... works wonders!

How was the rest of your evening, Gary?  You looked restless at your table.

And I didn't see you "parking on the dance floor."

And I was also expecting to see you in West Portal later. You missed out on Giovanna's and my (mostly Giovanna's) "karaoke"  - singing along with the juke box - to Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam's "Head To Toe" and B McGov's and my (mostly McGov's, of course) "Desperado."  We were desperately looking for "YMCA" to irritate The Bart.  No luck! Good times! Good times!

I was the only Transplant there at the bar though....sigh.....

2 comments:

  1. Restless and bored
    Waiting
    Decisionless
    Irrelevant
    Tired
    Tethered
    Torn
    To the comfort of home for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...I hear you, pal.
    Maybe you should have squeezed in between Mary and me. We were talking about life...and relationships...and paths taken vs. paths appearing to be more exciting yet going nowhere at the time ...timing of blessings and messages........sigh....you know, meaningful girl stuff. You would've fit right in!
    Let's hang out soon!

    ReplyDelete