For the record I listen to NPR because I am a dork, not because I think it will improve me. If NPR had that power it would have worked for me years ago.
I also want to overcome irrational fears that society lays on us. Whether we know or not, we are no more evolved than a pack of dogs who vie for a high social position in fear of ending up the runt thrown to the wolves. In order to maintain our "status" we live in a way that feeds the Alphas' insecurities rather than our souls.
Helen Keller's complete quote sums it up,
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
For me 2012 will be a year of exposure.
Namaste
I also want to overcome irrational fears that society lays on us. Whether we know or not, we are no more evolved than a pack of dogs who vie for a high social position in fear of ending up the runt thrown to the wolves. In order to maintain our "status" we live in a way that feeds the Alphas' insecurities rather than our souls.
Helen Keller's complete quote sums it up,
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
For me 2012 will be a year of exposure.
Namaste
I like your statement "In order to maintain our 'status' we live in a way that feeds the Alphas' insecurities rather than our souls." It is clearly in line with the mind set of a Generation Jones-er. My mother's words keep ringing in my ears "Be different. Don't be like everyone else." My friend, Ikuko, was so distraught when her husband was offered a huge job promotion in Japan. After living in San Francisco for so long, she didn't want to go back to an environment in which she was going to "be like everyone else." It is always a challenge to balance conformity and individuality.
ReplyDelete