Monday, January 2, 2012

#11- He Steps Out Of The Box!

"I want to go!"
"Hey! It's a NEW year!"

Ewan went to the movies last night with me and my friend Nina - I'll talk more about her later.  We went to see "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo."  This story is smart and violent.  You kinda need to be ready for this thought provoking and gut wrenching experience!  What an enlightening evening as we ended it with philosophizing at Philosophers! Ewan, have you started reading the trilogy yet?

Ewan also wants to see Neil Diamond at the HP Pavilion in San Jose this year. I am down for that too BUT the concert is on a Tuesday night. In lieu of that, Ewan said that maybe we should have a Neil Diamond party and we could just sing his songs. I suggested we go to Estradas on Thursday nights and karaoke.  There are lots of Neil Diamond songs to sing. We could have our own party there! And the old-ish yet young at heart audience is very very supportive. I'm down for Estradas if I don't stay out too late. I have to go to work the following morning! Karaoke there starts at 9 pm.

"Courage is when you are brave enough to do what's right in your heart even when your flesh is telling you otherwise." (I am paraphrasing, of course.) That's the line that propelled the first maid into telling her story in "The Help", another great book and movie, by the way.

Just wanna say...Good on you, Ewan! It IS a new year!

And would I steer you wrong? Follow the rules - especially rule #1 (do we need to review them again?) and be true to your journey. This is great for all of us (including spouses)!

p.s. Nina? She is my friend from work - Moved to San Francisco 5 months ago from a short stint in Chicago, born and raised in Carmel Valley, UC Davis grad, worked for the Sacramento Kings, once engaged to Bill Cartwright's son, has traveled the world and wants to do more of it. Ewan and I knighted her onto The Team. She is Special Ops.

4 comments:

  1. I propose attending a "Super Diamond" concert. I accidentally attended a concert at the Belly-up Bar in LaJolla. It was fantastic! They are an SF Tribute Band and travel across the US with actual groupies. They will be back in SF in MARCH. Unfortunately, it is the night of the SI auction. Boo!

    Maybe we can convince Rey to ditch the auction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Forgot to mention that Super Diamond is a Neil Diamond cover band, and better than Neil Diamond. People from 18 to 80 follow them and their concerts are always fun. (A lot more fun than a stuffy SI auction) They also play private engagements.

    Best thing is that you are surrounded by people who love life and know how to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like FUN!!!! I can't skip the auction but I would if I could. Gary can't either! We are at the same table!

    Let's keep an eye out for other possible concert dates. In the meantime, Ewan, we can practice singing Neil Diamond songs at Estradas. Pat, we still need to hear your "Peaceful Easy Feeling".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another possibility...Bonnie and I have gone to the Millbrae Karaoke House to practice. Private rooms $35/hour. They sell beer there. And they've got Neil Diamond songs as well as others. We could go on a Friday or Saturday night. Very private.

    ReplyDelete