Bonnie has a personal trainer now. Physically she is becoming her best! She listens to NPR daily and wants to start a book club . She works hard to remain intellectually challenged. She is also up for a very huge promotion - a notable accomplishment with our federal government. That girl is gorgeous and she is kicking ass!
What are the rest of us doing to bring our best?
When I was younger, I always brought my best to the table. In grammar school, I was recognized with academic honors. I got a standing ovation as Anna in the school play "The King and I". In high school, I was busy - Student Council, Pep Squad Captain, Speech Team Captain, Homecoming Princess, National Honor Society, and a contestant in the Hawaii Junior Miss Pageant! College? I have two Bachelor degrees and a Masters degree. Yes, years ago, bringing my best always validated my sense of self!
The little I know about our other team members' individual accomplishments and assets are noteworthy yet doesn't even touch the surface of their incredible stories:
Pat was a Navy pilot! That's one sharp guy!
Ewan is a respected rugby player and is awesome in his line of work!
Gary's incredibly intelligent, resourceful, intuitive and innovative...and one avid bicyclist and Sharks fan!
So now's our time to rekindle the burning embers...time to kick butt ...time to strive to achieve our personal best! This is when omronian's reflection on how we "live in a world of predetermined expectations" can start its metamorphosis. Let's revive and reinvent our awesome selves!!!! We've got the tools! They just need to be sharpened, upgraded and replaced!
Remind yourself of those past accomplishments...that you are amazing...that you are strong, curious, sharp and intelligent...that you are incredibly and ridiculously good looking....that you are stunningly beautiful...that you are sexy and hot (oh yeah!)....that you are kind and adventurous ...that you have a soul yearning to be cultivated and fulfilled....and that the rest of your life is waiting to be lived !!!
"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." Lao Tzu
"The life you have led doesn't need to be the only life you'll have." Anna Quindlen
...and one of Bonnie's favorites...
"Life is either a daring adventure...or nothing." Helen Keller
What are we doing to bring our best? We need to follow Bonnie's lead! Let's kick butt!!!
I want a personal trainer. Recommendations?
ReplyDeleteThanks for stroking my ego; I want to kick butt too. How do I get over the laziness?
I have a membership at Planet Fitness and I never go!!! Maybe I should move over to Bonnie's gym and get a trainer too! Hey! We could all get trainers! That would be cool!!
ReplyDelete