Thursday, January 5, 2012

O.K. so another Sisyphusian (my own word) attempt to roll the boulder to the top of the hill.

The boulder contains:

  1. much lard
  2. bad eating habits
  3. laziness
  4. depression
  5. arrogance
  6. atrophying physical capabilities
  7. atrophying mental capabilities

How I will defeat Zeus:

  1. strict adherence to an LFLesque type diet
  2. another attempt at P90 or modified excersize program
  3. 8 hours on bike or trainer per week
  4. complete one book of any type per week
  5. plan a bike/golf getaway
  6. plan a family vacation
  7. learn to play guitar
  8. learn to maintain bike even better
  9. go minimilist and neat and quiet
  10. spend more quality time with kids
  11. spend more quality time with wife
  12. keep in mind the steps ahead that lead to the top

Of course you're welcome to projectile vomit at this. In fact, I encourage it!

6 comments:

  1. I have the same boulder contents. I'll attempt P90 with you! I am attempting to go minimalist and be neat and quiet. Wanna be in our book club? Wanna go to Europe with us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And no projectile vomit allowed!!! See Rule #3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm backlogged with books, but once I get through my pile, I'll consider your book club.

    I will probably only go to Europe with my wife, or to visit my kids if they move there. When I go, I want to go slowly, and take it in from a local's POV. Go and stay and wander for a month; but that's when Marie retires.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like # 8. Rae (the St. Brendan's spelling) and I are attempted to purge our closets. I think too much stuff drains us of energy. We spend too much time getting it, maintaining it, moving it and stepping over it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "projectile vomit" was my little allusion to a cathartic expulsion
    think long and hard about the act physically, and then apply it quickly psychic-ly. your head flies back and your eyes get wide; what do they see when your head comes to rest?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite the visual and quite an analogy! Thank you for the shift in perspective!

    ReplyDelete